The “Bor-Undur” mine & ore dressing plant (ODP) is located in Khentii Province, 310 kilometers away from the Capital city of Ulaanbaatar in south-east.
- 3 underground & 2 open pits
- Ore dressing plant
- Thermal power plant
- Transportation unit
- Railway station
- Repair and maintenance unit
- Airag production unit
- Urgen mine
- Bargilt mine
- Other production infrastructure facilities.
- The total number of employees : 1105
The production of fluorspar
The annual capacity of the “Bor-Undur” Mine is to exploit 550-600 thousand tons of fluorspar ores. This include:
- “Bor-Undur” underground mine – 230 thousand tons,
- “Hushuut”,”Adag” underground mine – 150 thousand tons,
- “Khukh-De”l open pit mine – 60 thousand tons,
- “Urgen” open pit mine 100 thousand tons.
The “Bor-Undur” ore dressing plant is capable of processing 550-600 thousand tons of fluorspar ores and produce 100-120 thousand tons of FF-95, FF-97 acid grade fluorspar concentrates.
The production of iron ore
The “Bargilt” open pit mine is located 20 km away from the “Bor-Undur” ore dressing plant in north-west. The “Bargilt” mine is capable of exploiting 2.4 million tons of iron ore a year. Beneficiate of the iron ore is carried out on dry magnetic separation section and “Bor-Undur” ore dressing plant.
- Dry magnetic separation section is capable of processing 400 thousand tons of iron ore and producing 180 thousand tons of Fe52% grade iron ore concentrate, annually.
- “Bor-Undur” ore dressing plant is capable of processing 500-600 thousand tons (40 thousand tons a month) of iron ore and producing 20 thousand tons of Fe65% grade iron ore concentrate.